At NHS our mission is to serve our community. We do a variety of service projects throughout the year including the paper recycling program, the Christmas toy drive, and the Roof Sit, to name a few. To get in to the NHS, you have to have a 3.5 GPA, (unweighted), show that you have a great character, show that you are involved in volunteer activities, and explain your leadership capabilities or practices.
We do at least 1 service project a month, so only kids that are ready to commit to being active in NHS should apply.
The application is available below, or ask Mrs. Laughlin for a hard copy. Please consider the following when applying:
- Your GPA must be a 3.5 or above
- No applications will be accepted that are NOT typed
- You must be willing to give at least 8 hours of your time to NHS activities
- Applications are reviewed by a committee of adults who will remain anonymous
- Applications are anonymous, so students names should NOT appear anywhere within the application, only this first page.
- There is no minimum, nor maximum, to the number of applicants accepted to NHS but the criteria are scrutinized for acceptance, so be clear and honest in the application.
- Remember, you are free to go over and discuss your application with Mrs. Laughlin before turning it into the office. It is highly recommended that you do so before the deadline.
Download form first, then enter information and save.